Indianapolis, Indiana, is home to more than just a world-famous auto race; it is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States (according to a 2011 population survey conducted by Forbes.com), with an economy that contributes substantially to the areas of health care, finance, and manufacturing, among others.
Additionally, Indiana is a hub of activity in the life sciences industry and headquarters to several medical device and drug manufacturers, major hospital systems, and clinical and life science research facilities. In 2011, The Wall Street Journal stated that Indiana has added 8,800 jobs in life sciences in recent years and is home to approximately 825 medical-device companies, drug manufacturers, and research labs.
Located within this burgeoning environment is Epstein Becker Green's Indianapolis office, which serves clients nationally through its strong integration into the firm's services to the health care and life sciences industry. Attorneys in this office have a particular focus on health care and life sciences law, advising medical device, pharmaceutical, and other health care and life sciences organizations on a wide variety of issues, such as:
- FDA classification and submission strategies and other health regulatory matters arising throughout a product's lifecycle
- Clinical research matters and related agreements/documents
- Advertising and promotional issues, including Good Promotional Practices and managing off-label risks
- FDA compliance and enforcement risk management
- Agreements supporting the business within the life science sector (co-development, contract manufacturing, distribution, and supply agreements, to name a few)
- Coding, coverage, and payment policy matters
- Health regulatory due diligence
Drawing on the capabilities of the firm's other 10 offices, which are located in key cities across the nation, our Indianapolis office develops comprehensive strategies to meet our clients' needs, while providing the exceptional level of personal service that clients expect.
In addition, our Indianapolis attorneys are active participants in legal and nonprofit organizations.