Epstein Becker & Green attorneys have extensive experience representing employers in all matters relating to occupational safety and health law. The firm's national OSHA practice includes representation of management in safety and health litigation arising out of enforcement actions in both federal and state OSHA administered plans. Epstein Becker & Green also provides counseling services in safety and health, which includes developing written safety and health programs, conducting health and safety compliance audits, and assisting employers with OSHA standards and regulations.
The increase in workplace safety law enforcement has required employers to address the demands imposed by the state and federal agencies that enforce these standards and regulations. At the same time, however, those employers who develop fully-integrated safety programs often find that there is a significant decrease in the costs associated with workplace injuries and illnesses, including a reduction in the payment of workers' compensation benefits.
Epstein Becker & Green provides a full range of occupational safety and health law services including:
- Representing employers before the Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, and other federal and state agencies.
- Assisting employers during OSHA compliance safety and health inspections
- Defending employers against complaints of retaliation and whistleblowing violations filed with federal and state OSHA offices
- Counseling employers on the development of safety and health programs
- Performing safety and health audits to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Representing employers in Agency rulemaking activities, including the preparation of written comments and testimony on behalf of employers and associations
- Conducting training for management and supervisors on OSHA requirements, including OSHA recordkeeping, safety rules, and ergonomics
- Evaluating safety and health (OSHA) compliance as part of the due diligence process during acquisition of a new entity