Our attorneys are experienced in navigating the complexities of acquiring, developing, leasing, and selling healthcare facilities. We represent healthcare systems and providers, academic institutions, and real estate developers in issues regarding the development of new healthcare facilities as well as the expansion or re-development of existing facilities. We counsel our healthcare real estate clients on complicated issues ranging from complying with regulatory requirements involving real estate to negotiating ground leases and cost-sharing agreements to integrating retail and restaurant components into a larger medical project.
Representative transactions include:
- Negotiating ground leases for the development of medical office buildings on hospital campuses;
- Negotiating cross-easement and cost-sharing agreements for parking decks and other shared amenities;
- Handling transactions involving long-term acute care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities;
- Handling the relocation of existing skilled nursing facilities;
- Representing healthcare providers in developing ambulatory surgical centers; and
- Assisting healthcare providers in purchasing or leasing new locations.
In addition to advising our healthcare real estate clients on development, expansion, and re-development issues, our attorneys also advise clients on healthcare construction matters, healthcare environmental issues, and healthcare financing transactions.
Our real estate attorneys represent both landlords and tenants in negotiating medical office building leases. With EBG's experience in the healthcare industry, our real estate attorneys focus on issues that may affect our healthcare clients:
- Accessibility Issues
- Compliance with HIPAA and Privacy Laws as they relate to real estate transactions
- Physical Plant Needs for Specialized Practices
- Disposal of Bio-Hazardous Waste
- Shared Common Facilities